This large east end window depicts centrally the crucifixion, to the left the resurrection and to the right the Ascension of Christ.
It is thought that this East Window and the two other chancel windows in the chancel were done by John Hardman and Co.
This company became involved, in the Victorian period, with button and medal making. They also advertised “ecclesiastical ornaments” and were based in Birmingham.
John Hardman then joined forces with A. W. N. Pugin (the architect who designed the interior of the Palace of Westminster.) It seems that Pugin persuaded the company to manufacture stained glass. It took a while for the company to build up a reputation for producing stained glass. The first window was produced in 1845 with Pugin doing the designing. They exhibited at the Great Exhibition. The company continued in business until 2008.