SECRETARY TO THE PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL (PCC)
EMMANUEL CHURCH, SHELLEY
We are looking for someone who would really like to make a difference and help with the smooth-running of the administration of the Parish. The role of Secretary to the PCC is a voluntary position, and would ideally suit someone who already has administrative/organisational skills.
As Secretary you will:
- Attend the bimonthly PCC meetings, and take the Minutes.
- Transcribe and submit the minutes to the Vicar and then to the PCC in time for approval at the next PCC meeting. Keep the PCC Minutes up to date on the Church Notice Board.
- Deal with any correspondence arising from the PCC meetings.
- Circulate PCC, by email, with any relevant correspondence as required.
- Prepare Nomination Forms, and ‘Fit and Proper’ Declaration Forms for Election to the PCC, and, when necessary, the Deanery Synod
- Prepare Annual Report for the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) and circulate to Church Members.
- Attend the APCM and take the Minutes.
- Prepare and submit Annual Return Forms to the Diocese following the APCM, and any other forms required by the Diocese.
- Keep hard copies of all completed Forms.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, without making any commitment, please email Jacqueline Martyn the current PCC Secretary (Jacqueline.email@example.com)or Reverend Amanda Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This voluntary position requires you to be an Elected Member of the Parochial Church Council (PCC), and to take Communion at least three times a year.